Spiced olives. This recipe is for 6 servings.
- Either leave as they are, or cut 3 to 4 slits in each with a fine-bladed, stainless steel knife or razor blade.
- Discard any damaged .
- Pack into sterilized glass jar or jars, and cover with cold water.
- Soak for 3 days, changing water each day.
- Measure last amount of water.
- Measure same amount of fresh water into a pan and add rock salt in the proportion of ⅓ cup to each 4 cups water.
- Heat and stir until salt dissolves.
- Pack chilis into jar or jars, placing them amongst the .
- Pour cool brine on top, filling jars.
- Remove any air bubbles and seal with plastic lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 5 months before using.
- To serve, remove required amount of and rinse under cold water.
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze on the juice of a lemon and pour on ¼ cup olive oil.
- Stir to blend and leave for an hour or two before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.