Makes 4 servings.
- 8 chicken parts, skinned (about 3½ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups cauliflower or broccoli flowerets
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and garlic powder. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly brown, turning occasionally. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add oregano, chili powder and red pepper; stir well and return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until fork can be inserted into chicken with ease and juices run clear, not pink.
- Stir in cauliflower and carrots during last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.