This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add egg and flour and mix until smooth dough is formed.
- With hands shape into a ball and flatten into a disc.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make pastry and roll or press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of pie pan.
- Melt butter in microwave and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in medium bowl until blended.
- Add peel and slowly stir in butter and lemon juice until incorporated then pour into crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes then cool completely and refrigerate.
- Before serving sprinkle powdered sugar over top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.