- 2 small mild red peppers
- 2 to 3 fresh red chilies
- a handful of coriander leaves
- 1½ tbsp ground coriander
- 6 cloves garlic
- seeds from 6 green cardamoms
- 5 ml (1 – 2 tsp) lemon juice, (5 to 10)
- In Yemen, this is the traditional spice mix, a combination of garlic and peppers, and whatever spices the cook chooses. Use as a table condiment.
- Finely chop the red peppers and chilies, removing the seeds. Chop the coriander leaves. Blend or pound all the ingredients to a paste, and store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.