These are typical Christmas cookies in Switzerland. I got the recipe while doing an exchange year in Switzerland. They are good anytime of the year though!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon (or a little more, if you want)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 350 g ground almonds
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix.
- Keep 1 dl of the mixture as frosting.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the dough out in a ziploc bag, that's cut open (cut the two side seams so the two parts are held together only at the bottom) cut out stars or whatever other shapes you want.
- Bake for 3–5 minutes in a preheated oven at 450°F.
- When cookies are still warm, dip one side of cookies in frosting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.