- ½ large onion chopped
- ½ tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅕ cup vegetable oil (or less)
- ¼ pound zucchini (about 6) unpeeled, finely diced
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ tsp basil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ lb ground beef
- Sauté onion, parsley and garlic in oil about 10 minutes
- Stir in zucchini and simmer about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, bay leaf and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef until just brown and separated.
- Stir meat into first mixture (remove bay leaf) and serve hot, with Parmesan cheese, over pasta, potatoes or rice, or even a bun.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.