More details at The Sneaky Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice + grated zest from the lemon
- 1 tbsp oil (canola, corn or peanut recommended)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, fat free or reduced fat
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (unpeeled), lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Spray the liners liberally with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, oat bran, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, mashing out any lumps of brown sugar.
- Beat together milk and egg.
- Add lemon juice and grated lemon zest, oil, shredded cheese and shredded zucchini.
- Stir only until well mixed and all ingredients are moistened. This will make a stiff muffin dough.
- Fill the muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Muffins should be very lightly golden-browned.
- Remove from oven and leave muffins in the pan for about five minutes before serving. # Serve plain, with butter, lite non-hydrogenated margarine or with reduced-fat cream cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.