Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1½ lbs zucchini or summer squash
- 1 medium red onion
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or basil, chopped
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 3 tbsp flour
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil, for frying
- Place the tomatoes in a colander over the sink and strain the juices.
- Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and onion.
- Roll up in a hand towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. This step is important — otherwise the pancakes won't be the right consistency.
- In a big bowl, combine the zucchini and onion with garlic, salt, fresh mint or basil, nutmeg, cheese, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil on high heat.
- Drop ¼ cup of the zucchini batter in the hot oil. Flatten if needed.
- Let the pancake completely brown on one side before flipping to brown the other.
- Remove and place on paper towels to blot dry.
- Remove tomatoes from the colander.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the zucchini pancakes topped with tomatoes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 120 | Fat 6 g | Carbs 12 g | Sodium 650 mg | Fiber 3 g
- WW Points 2
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.