- 10 cups zucchini, grated
- 4 cups onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, grated
- 5 tbsp canning salt
- 2½ cups white vinegar
- 5 cup sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp pepper
- Use only fresh, firm med sized zucchini. Wash and dry, but do not peel.
- Grate removing large seeds. Mix zucchini, onions, green pepper and canning salt.
- Let sit overnight. Drain and rinse mixture in cold water. Put mixture in large kettel.
- Add vinegar and remaining ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook for 10 min. pack in hot sterilized pint jars.
- Cover with sterilized lids and hot water process for 20 minutes.
- Ready to eat right away, but it"s better if it ages a few days.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.