Makes 16 tartlets (8 servings).
- ⅔ cup finely diced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup cooked rice, cooled
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 16 pre-baked prepared tartlet pastry shells
- ½ small zucchini, cut into ⅛-inch slices, quartered
- Cook onion and pepper in butter in small skillet until tender crisp
- Combine with rice, cheese, parsley, eggs, cream and pepper sauce.
- Spoon approximately 1½ tablespoons batter into each tartlet shell; arrange zucchini slices in batter.
- Bake at 350 °F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove tartlets from molds.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.