- 6 zucchini squash (6 – 8" long or about 2½ lbs)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of salt
- ½ cup good white vinegar
- a few sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 onion, 2" diameter, sliced
- Wash and peel zucchini. Cut ends off and slice on a grater with large holes.
- Place zucchini noodles in a bowl, add 1 heaping Tbsp salt, ½ cup of vinegar and the dill.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to prepare it, transfer Squash to a cooking pot, and add enough water to just come to the top of the squash.
- Add the sliced onion, mix well and cook.
- You can tell it is done when the squash changes color and takes on a creamy color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.