This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ⅓ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- In 9-inch non-stick skillet cook onion, zucchini and peppers with salt and black pepper to taste in 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat stirring, for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, ⅓ cup of the Parmesan and the parsley then add the vegetable mixture and stir until it is combined well.
- In the skillet heat the remaining ½ tablespoon oil over moderate heat until it is hot but not smoking and pour in egg mixture distributing the vegetables evenly and cook without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining ⅓ cup Parmesan over the top and broil frittata under preheated broiler about 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes.
- Let cool in skillet 5 minutes then run knife around edge.
- Slide frittata on serving plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.