Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in ½ inch of water in a saucepan (water should not touch the bottom of the basket).
- Place carrots in the basket.
- Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and steam carrots 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until carrots and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, thyme, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered, stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¾ cup serving:
- Glycemic Index: 22
- Glycemic Load: 1
- 55 Calories | 2g Protein | 4g Carbs | 1½ g Dietary Fiber | 4g Fat | 10mg Cholesterol | 61mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable | 1 Fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.