Marinated hard-boiled eggs
- 8 eggs
- 100 ml Shaoxing wine
- 50 ml light soy sauce
- 50 ml dark soy sauce
- 300 ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 star anise
- 2 cloves
- Place eggs into pan with cool water, boiled by low heat.
- Turn off heat after 20 minutes of water boiled, soak eggs by cold water.
- Heat pan again with seasoning, shell off eggs and add into hot sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes in low heat, turn off heat, cover the lid.
- Soak eggs in sauce for 5 hours, turning egg to other side occasionally.
- Slices each egg into 4 sections, dish up and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.