- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 3 cups gram flour (besan)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (or 1 tsp: tamarind pulp)
- 2 flakes of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 5 curry leaves
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the besan in a pan till pink. Reserve.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they pop, add green chillies, curry leaves, garlic and onions. Fry till golden.
- Add tomatoes (or tamarind).
- Lastly add the besan, chilli and turmeric powders, salt and a little water.
- Stir, with no lumps, till brown and fragrant.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with bhakris.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.