Description[edit | edit source]
Italian fish soup with orzo. Goes well with red wine.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 18 Minutes
- Servings: 4 – 6
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cans vegetable broth (14 oz)
- 1 jar Barilla Garden Vegetable sauce
- 1 pound tilapia, red snapper, or firm white fish, cut into large chunks
- ½ cup Barilla orzo
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté yellow squash, zucchini, celery, and carrots 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and garden vegetable sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add fish and orzo.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Tip: sprinkle with freshly grated parmigiano cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
- Stir in 1 can (15 oz) drained and rinsed kidney beans.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.