Makes 2 generous servings
- 6 ounces sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced or chopped zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 19-ounce can chunky vegetable soup
- 1 10-ounce can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes.
- Add zucchini and garlic.
- Cook until tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Discard excess fat.
- Add soup, tomatoes, salt and pepper sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly.
- Pour into 2 soup bowls.
- Top each with ½ cup rice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.